Making simple, heartfelt Christmas gifts from natural products, with essential oils is not difficult. All you need is some inspiration, and a few natural ingredients.
90g brown sugar
155g golden syrup
1 egg yolk
250g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1 drop doTERRA cinnamon oil
1 drop doTERRA clove oils
2 drops doTERRA ginger oil
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth, add the golden syrup, egg yolk, cinnamon, clove, and ginger oils and beat again.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, and nutmeg and blend into the butter mixture until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
3. Preheat oven to 175 deg c. Roll the dough into round lengths about 5cm’s in diameter, cut evenly into round shapes, and place on lined tray.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 8 – 10 minutes or until firm. Remove from trays to cool on wire racks.
My favourite way to eat them is slightly undercooked, straight from the oven.
with doTERRA’s CPTG Essential Oils
4 cups of red wine
1 drop of cinnamon oil
1 drop of ginger oil
4 drops of wild orange oil
Blend together in 2 tablespoons of honey
Slowly heat the red wine and add the flavored honey and stir well before you take it off the heat. When the wine starts to bubble it is time to take it off.
1. Add all ingredients, except rice malt syrup, to a thermomix or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Blend while adding the rice malt syrup. If the consistency is too sticky add a little more coconut or flour.
3. Roll mixture into balls and then refrigerate on a lined baking tray for half an hour.
4. Dip refrigerated truffle balls in dark chocolate (forks can be helpful for this), and place back on lined tray to be set in fridge.
5. It’s unlikely these will last very long but they can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
A night with the girls.
Melinda, Jill, and Jacque enjoying some time together making some natural bath soak, with their choice of essential oils added, and some organic red rose petals and blue cornflowers.
Some of the oils that were chosen were things like frankincense, geranium, and lavender. These oils are all known for supporting healthy skin and are perfect in a bath.
We had a beautiful assortment of handmade essential oils accessories for purchase on the night with Susan from Scent Packing having her pop-up shop set up for us to peruse. It was a great opportunity to get our hands on her hot little goods!!
Make sure you follow @scentpacking on Insta for all their latest.
Meet some of the Team
Tamika & Hannah make up two of the Elohim Oils Team and are always having a laugh or doing something cheeky. We’d love to hear how you use your essential oils. Please drop a hello below!!
If you’re looking for a fun, supportive oil team to be apart of or simply want to get started with your own essential oils let us know, we’d love to help you. xoxo
The Credit Union Australia are more than just a bank, they offer fantastic service and are member focused so have your best interests at heart. It’s their community hub that they so generously allow us to use for our team events, and we just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU!!!
If you’re looking for a new way to do banking, look no further. Give the team at CUA a call today.